Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Anime Boston 2009

Boston, Memorial Day Weekend....




And at the Hynes, cosplayers and fans and curious people come out in hordes. Some kind of Anime event.


* Is it just me or are there at no less than three Alucards in that crowd

Below: People going crazy in the Artist's Alley, I guess?






Below -- Rorschach,


with a sushi plushie.




Below: L. With plushy bear slippers and hat.







Also, I threw together a goofy little minicomic of doodles based on Anime Boston 2008. I sold the minis at Hyun and Shelli's table in the Artist's Alley.


Below: Cover, sample insidepage, and backcover.


(Of course, those 3 hour lines are how I met new friends at Anime Boston....)


Later, I enjoyed a dinner together with Dirk T, Emily, Dave L., Dave L's charming significant other whose name eludes me, and two gentlemen who sold swords and props at the convention.


Below . . . . Sunset, walking home.


2 comments:

Kate said...

very cool photographs.

Aya said...

Thanks!