Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lab alarm

I plan to be at Boskone 46 next weekend. Actually, first I have to get my rollover membership from Anthony. And then I’m going to be there.



On other news, I set off a motion alarm in a lab last week. Or maybe it was the student in the connecting room who set off the alarm.

Anyway, the important thing was that the alarm was a practice alarm -- David B. had me set it up, as part of an exercise in what to do if I activated the lab's alarm by accident.

The unimportant thing, I suppose, was that David B. didn’t quite tell me I was setting up a motion alarm. Until I keyed in the last command, and the entire lab suddenly exploded with ear-breaking sirens and whooping noises.

(Eventually, after managing to stop the alarm, I deduced what had happened.)

No comments: